Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday reflections

I woke up this morning exuding serenity and moved my living corpse to the bathroom for my diurnal pee. Once there, I positioned myself, leaned my head against the cabinet, and lost myself in my own reflection in the toilet bowl...

Who here has read "Narcissus and Goldmund?" Hesse is the master of the pensive epic, and this but one of his philosophical works. It contrasts spiritualism and hedonism; fixation on mind and body. Ultimately, enlightenment is personal, but mixture is advisable...

Sugar, flour, (a lot of) butter, chocolate chips. Oven. Stove top for cooling. Amorphous mass of deliciousness. Bradley likes blondies! (and brownies, for that matter, but they require variation in ingredients)...

Daddy. Mommy. Genetic components combine. Progeny. Simple, but then immediately complicated...

Touch your baby as much as possible; make sure there is time enough for love. Teach it, protect it, nurture it, do not stifle it with stricture. The rest is up to the world...

Find friends that are smarter than you. They will teach you to be as bright as they are...

How many environmentalists does it take to screw out a light bulb. One, if he/she is wisely equipped...

Do not break bulbs, "borrow" them from those that use them immoderately. There is too much unnatural illumination...

Waste not, want not...

Blessed be the poor and cursed be the rich was never practical. Recognize your good fortune always, and make honest and selfish decisions accordingly...

Sure, it is cold, but is not the snow beautiful!? You must always give some to get some, just ask Newton...

The Fig Newton is a polarizing cookie. As is the Macaroon. I like them both for their merit, innovation, and tastiness...

Go to the abode of Allie Jennings if you want the most titillating treats around...

Thank humanity or luck or your g(G)od or ghost or anonymous benefactor for all of the good that is around you...

1 comment:

Mar said...

Hi Brad.
To be completely honest with you, when I hit the button that would allow your blog updates to be seen on my blogger dashboard, I didn't think I would actually read your posts. In fact, I was 95% sure I'd find better ways in which to procrastinate.
My point is, this post is excellent. Make all of your posts like this one, even though that would defeat the purpose of your self-centered little blog (If your posts were to be written to please me, then the blog wouldn't be self-centered).
I'm not sure why this particular post caught my fleeting attention, maybe because it's got the word "pee" in the first few sentences. I'd like to think my brain is more sophisticated than that, or that your writing, besides that word, is better. Keep writing.
Love,
Marina.

PS. Have a good Thanksgiving.