Sunday, November 02, 2008

A prescient prediction: daylight savings time, now

I have deduced from a protracted period of clock-watching that the world fell asleep this morning and lost an hour. This would normally be fantastic, for I would be receiving an hour's extra sleep, but I am awake. Furthermore, I am set to meet a friend to make music this very morning. I cannot exactly say when I am set to meet him, whether in 20 or 80 minutes. The world is in disarray. The space and time continuum has been ruptured, some time slipped away. Even if he is as perceptive as I, he might decide not to show up at "8:30." This is a conundrum, a psychological guessing-game, and very much some stinking shenanigans. Why was I not told about this? I really would have appreciated a national update. I will be one of many wronged and confused mofos on this day. Fuck the merchants.

No comments: