Thursday, March 01, 2012

The Books noticed me

Something amazing has probably happened. The refracted light of maybe-greatness has struck me dumb. Here are the details:

I saw a concert by The Books at Cornell Cinema, Ithaca, NY on March 31 2010.

Then I wrote a reflective article (see the previous post) on the experience and The Books artistic process for my radio station's blog at Syracuse, WERW 1570 Word Press, of which I was editor.

I posted the following blurb on The Books' Facebook fan page.
Though heroically unlikely, I'd love if you (The Books, but also anyone else) would read my (pseudo) intellectual piece on your music and show of March 31st at Cornell. Found here.
Yesterday Nick Zammuto or Paul de Jong of the duo The Books or somebody else representing The Books or representing Zammuto's new project read the article and wrote:
Bradley... thats such a bad ass article you wrote man! seriously... one the best i ever saw! good work! Please take some time to check out Nick's new project... the new album comes out April 3rd 2012 under Temporary Residence! hope you enjoy man!
I responded:
This really means a lot to me. It really does. I had a saccharine freak out, flying around the apartment whooping, smiling like enlightenment. And as verbose as my old writing is. And my new writing, come to think of it. Thank you for the attention and the kind words. All best wishes to both of you and best of luck on the new venture. You have my support.
I hope it wasn't mere promotion and that somebody (preferably Zammuto or de Jong) actually read the piece and means what they wrote. It's nice to be recognized, especially by those you admire.

1 comment:

Casey Landerkin said...

wait wait wait...this is awesome...