Friday, December 19, 2008

Consumerism


Consumerism is my only culture, I have decided. Also, I like it. I abhor shopping, but I like buying. I like consuming with people. I delight in the simple joy of coffee and a blessed book in a pleasant, artful cafe. I treasure music in all forms. Live music might be the most exhilarating thing I am cognizant of. I also appreciate movie watching in many realms and contexts. Salty cheese and warm, baked bread make me giggle and sigh contentedly, in a tipsy manner. I am an unsophisticated, indiscriminate gourmand. Add warm red wine, and I lose it. I like ornamentation. Hats, non-fashionable clothing, wall-posters, functional and beautiful objects. I like tastes, preferences, discriminatory consumerism. I like being judged and interacted with. I, I, I. I like individualism and selfishness. Naturally, I depend on you, my friend-followers, family, and strangers. All of you others, without whom I would be nothing. I like things the way they are. I would not have it any other way. Of course, it helps to be rich.

No comments: