Friday, April 15, 2016

Practicing compassion and forgiveness

Edith D. Hill: "After healing, comes living."
Rune Lazuli: "You want to perform a miracle? Forgive yourself."

Forgiving and healing are not discrete, terminable acts. They're processes that lead one into another. Wrongs make wounds. Forgiveness makes healing: covers the wound to restore the relation.

I wound the bond to myself just as to another. I am singular but divided. I can appeal to myself to heal myself.

To forgive, I take responsibility in understanding. I acted for reasons if not reasonably, according to an ethics if not ethically. I use compassion to find learning and forgiving and move on. That way, the past is passed on to the present and can be worked into a better future.

As soon as I forgive myself for transgressing against myself I commit another transgression. I always will. So I build forgiveness into practice, ethic, attitude, awareness. I allow forgiveness to drive everyday decisions.

Scar tissue is insensate, not an armor, a numbness. Feeling is living. Forgiveness that leads to right acting leads to healing and enhances the living.

Let forgiveness fan the feeling that is living into a furnace.

No comments: