Friday, September 03, 2010

Verbiage on breasts

Uncreative thought it may be to merely upload the work of others, I'm pretty sure I cannot go wrong with this article on - you guessed it - TITS! And then I'm sure you're drawn in by this subtly disturbingly sexy FURRY!

Anyway, I just found this passage - and the whole unabashed article-length-apotheosis to 'casabas' - too hilarious not to highlight it for you:
It all started for me on the sweaty macadam behind my Catholic school just days after Tricky Dick flashed his last peace sign. Suddenly, we were nose to nipples everywhere we turned. What had happened?
-Thomas Kelly, "A Few Words on Breasts"Esquire.
-For a phenomenal list of slang and literary descriptions of bosomhood, such as "[she had a] chest like a promontory" -Daphne Merkin, check out this link.

-For the NY Times article which set off this exploration: "For the A-Cup Crowd, Minimal Assets are a Plus" by Catherine Saint Louis.
(Note: Unfortunately, I cannot find the original, 1972 Nora Ephron Article, "A Few Words About Breasts.")
-For my own ruminations on the matter of breasts, self-esteem, and body image, see my article "Strut Your Stuff" published in SU's 360 Degrees Magazine, which can be downloaded here (in the 'Writing' folder).

No comments: